What are the best ways to increase your Express Entry Score?
Canada's Federal Express Entry system is a highly popular application management system which accept and process PR applications from skilled foreign nationals under key federal economic immigration programs, Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC). To qualify for any one of the programs, you must meet minimum eligibility criteria and enter the pool of candidates, where you'll be awarded with a score and a ranking using Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Your CRS scores out of 1200 and ranking is an deciding factor based on which the IRCC (Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship Canada) sends you an invitation to apply for Canada PR visa in upcoming Express Entry draw. As a matter of fact, only the highest ranking candidates get an ITA from the IRCC. Therefore, it is very important for you to grab maximum points on different factors under CRS, which includes: Core: Up to 600 points
- Skills and experience factors
- Spouse or common-law partner factors, such as their language skills and education
- Skills transfer ability, including education and work experience
Additional: Up to 600 points
- Canadian degrees, diplomas or certificates
- a valid job offer
- a nomination from a province or territory
- a brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident
- strong French language skill
Top four ways to boost your overall CRS score Re-Sit for IELTS The best way to increase your CRS points is to improve IELTS score as a good IELTS results can help you obtain up to 160 points. In fact, with higher IELTS band and a post-secondary education, you can claim up to 50 additional points. As a minimum requirement, you need to obtain at least CLB 7 for qualifying under Express Entry's Federal Skilled Worker program, i.e. 6.0 on each language ability (reading, writing, listening and speaking). But, with CLB 9 in all four abilities, you can get up to 260 points under language ability factor. Also, the key highlight here is that you can take IELTS multiple times and can update your Express Entry profile with latest test results after submitting your profile and entering to the pool of candidates. You can access classroom or online IELTS coaching so that you can prepare better to take the test. Skilled work experience As we know, Express Entry process applications from skilled foreign nationals under key economic immigration programs, therefore, your work experience is indeed a crucial part of selection process. If as an applicant, you won't pay attention to your work experience, then you may end up losing major points. The Express Entry has a National Occupational Classification (NOC) matrix which is used for assigning points to each and every occupation. Therefore, if you choose the right NOC code and gain relevant work experience in the same, then you can increase your scores. Also, the experience and NOC code has to be accurate and properly reflect in your professional history. Points for Spousal factorsIf you have a spouse, then you can claim more points under following conditions:
- Your spouse can claim points by retaking a language test, or submitting an ECA report (educational credential assessment) for a post-secondary education he/she have and increase your overall CRS points.
- If you have a better score as a single applicant, you may list your spouse as non-accompanying. Once you are granted Canada's permanent residence, you can sponsor your spouse to join you in Canada after a short span of time.
- If your spouse is a stronger applicant, you may use online CRS calculator to estimate the points of your spouse if he/she become the principal applicant, with or without you accompanying him/her to Canada.
- If both you and your spouse are strong applicants, then you both can submit Express Entry profile into the pool and list each other as accompanying family member. This will definitely double your chances of getting an invitation to apply for Canada PR visa.
Even after re-taking language test, claiming points for work experience or claiming spousal points, you fail to meet the cutoff requirement, you may look for a bit more challenging options to improve your CRS scores, which are as follows: Get a provincial nomination With a nomination from any Canadian province, you will get 600 additional points towards overall CRS scores. A lot of provinces in Canada have Express Entry aligned PNP streams for which you must meet eligibility criteria of a PNP stream and any one of the Express entry programs. Also, the process to apply Canada PR as a provincial nominee is usually separate. Connect with the visa and immigration expert and choose the best Canada immigration option If you wish to increase your CRS score and apply as a provincial nominee, you may get in touch with certified immigration advisors at Visas Avenue and confirm your eligibility to apply under suitable provincial nominee program. You may contact migration experts at Visas Avenue on Toll Free Number- 78-18-000-777 or drop your queries at email@example.com.