Want to bring your Spouse to Australia? Find out the Relevant Spouse Visa category?

Want to bring your Spouse to Australia? Find out the Relevant Spouse Visa category?

I migrated to Australia on permanent residence Visa single applicant, however, since I am married now, what is the pathway to bring my Spouse or partner to Australia?

This is one of the most common queries the new immigrants often have. Australia needs skilled workers and hence, the Aussie government has got the point-based system in place to invite and allocate the permanent residence (PR) visa to overseas skilled workers.

Fascinated by the quality of life, high standards of living, ideal work environment, excellent infrastructure, and great career opportunities, etc. a huge number of skilled and talented people from India and other Asian countries, often move to Australia on Skilled PR visa.

Pathway to Bring Your Partner to Australia

As already affirmed, every year, thousands of Australian PR visa applicants immigrate to Australia as a single applicant for better career scope and opportunities.

However, once they get married in their home country, their first priority remains to bring their partner as well to Australia.

Are you in a similar situation right now?

Well, if you looking to sponsor your spouse to Australia or a spouse visa applicant yourself, this article will certainly guide you about the selection of right spouse visa to immigrate to Australia.

What is the Right Spouse Visa Category to Apply?

Australia has multiple spouse visa options or categories depending on the location of spouse visa applicant (i.e. in or outside Australia), relationship status, and visa category of the sponsor, etc. However, if the spouse of an Australian permanent resident or citizen is living outside Australia, Partner (Provisional) Visa (subclass 309)is the most appropriate visa category to apply.

What is Partner (Provisional) Visa (subclass 309)?

The Partner visa Subclass 309 has been designed for the spouse or de facto partner of an Australias permanent residents, citizens or eligible New Zealand citizens so that they can visit and stay with their partner in Australia. However, to apply for this visa, the partner (who is being sponsored), must be outside Australia, when applying.

Also read-Visas Avenue Obtained High Number of Australian Visa Approvals Between April and June 2019

Eligibility Requirements for Subclass 309 visa

You are allowed to apply for this visa if you are either married to or in a de facto relationship with a person, who is:

  • Australian Permanent Resident
  • Australian Citizen
  • Eligible Citizen of New Zealand
  • You required to be outside Australia while applying for this visa.

Permanent Residency Pathway for Subclass 309

The Partner Subclass 309 is a temporary visa to live in Australia for a limited period of time. Hence, to stay permanently in Australia, you have to convert it into Permanent Partner visa (subclass 100), which allows you to live permanently in Australia with your partner.

One application for both visas

The Partner (Provisional) Visa (subclass 309) is the first step for getting the Permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).You need to submit only one application for both these visa types and also need to pay the charge for a single application only.However, this application will be processed in two stages, i.e. in two years separately.

What can you do withPartner (Provisional) visa subclass 309?

This particular visa allows you to:

  • Come to Australia and live here till any conclusion is made about your Partner Visa.
  • Pursue studies in Australia, however, there wont be any Government funding
  • Do a job in Australia
  • Get enrolled in a healthcare scheme in Australia, i.e. Medicare

Key Benefits of Permanent Visa Subclass 100

Later, once you are allocated a permanent visa (subclass 100), you will be able to:

  • live in Australia for an indefinite period
  • study and work in Australia
  • make an application for Australian citizenship (in case you are eligible)
  • sponsor the other relatives for permanent residency if they are eligible
  • get a few SSP (social security payments)
  • Visit and from Australia for 5 years from the visa issuance date

Want to apply for a Partner visa in Australia? Call Visas Avenue now for complete assistance

Are you planning to apply and obtain a Partner visa in Australia this year, you may get in touch with the MARA accredited Migration expert for inclusive assistance. Visas Avenue is a top and registered Visa Consultancy for Australia associated with MARA member. It offers complete support and assistance to individuals immigrating to Australia on Skilled PR visa, Partner visa, Tourist visa, Family sponsored visa, Parent visa, etc. The certified Visa Advisors and counsellors at Visas Avenue, every year helps huge number of immigration applicants to apply and get Australian visa approvals in quick time.

To start your Australia immigration process at earliest, you may call, Visas Avenue immigration experts on Toll-Free Number- 78-18-000-777. Moreover, to get your eligibility checked and subsequently, receive a call from the expert, you may fill the free assessment form.