Things to Know While Moving to Canada from India
Every year, tens and thousands of Indian immigrants move to Canada. The country's strong economy, immigrant-friendly policies, and abundant opportunities are the main attractions for skilled and experienced people. If you are planning to move to Canada from India this year, here are a few things you must keep in your mind.
Best Immigration Programs for Skilled Workers
If you are an Indian national with skilled work experience, you may qualify to apply for Canada PR via the Express Entry system. Canada's most popular immigration system manages PR applications under key economic immigration programs, including Federal Skilled Workers Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class.
The application process to apply via Express Entry
As an interested applicant, you must create an online Express Entry profile and meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of the three immigration programs mentioned above. Then, if you are found eligible, you'll enter a pool of candidates where you'll be awarded a CRS scoreand a rank based on key factors like age, work experience, language ability, education, adaptability, spouse factors, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Express Entry Candidates
For an Indian national with no connection to Canada, there is a set of key requirements to qualify under Express Entry, like
- You must submit an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) report to prove that your education in India is equivalent to Canadian standards.
- You must take an English or French language test and prove your proficiency in any of the two or both the official language of Canada
- You must have enough proof of funds to financially support yourself and your accompanying family members (if any) in Canada
- You must have at least one year of work experience gained in a steady, paid job in the past ten years. It can be a full-time or equal amount of part-time job in an occupation listed under Canada's National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level A, B, or O.
- Any other criteria as per the program you choose
Factors that may cause application rejection or refusal
Once you apply, the visa officer follows a particular assessment pattern. The IRCC asks candidates to be true and provide accurate and complete documents to support their claims in the online profile. You must do the following to ensure that your application gets processed in a timely fashion:
- Prove a clean criminal record
- Submit valid medical examination record
- Submit complete application
- Never provide any misleading information
- Don't miss out on any document
- Provide any additional document or information on time as and when asked by the IRCC
If you have any other queries regarding the Canadian immigration process, don't worry, our team at Visas Avenue can answer all your questions. In addition, our dedicated team of registered migration consultants has years of experience and expertise. To contact us for assistance, you may call on a Toll-Free No. 78-18-000-777 or drop us an email at email@example.com.