The Essential Skill Select and its Process for Australia!
Whether skilled workers or business people interested in migrating to Australia can be considered for a skilled visa by submitting an EOI through skill select. What is Skill Select? Skill Select is an online service introduced on 1st of July 2012 that helps Australia in organizing its skilled migration programme. It helps to guarantee that the skilled migration programme is based on Australia's monetary needs. It contributes to the government in directing who can apply for skilled migration, when they can apply and in what numbers. As a result, the time taken in the complete system a visa application is significantly reduced. It consists of various consequential changes to the skilled visa application methods. The proposing migrants first need to submit an expression of interest and asked to be invited to apply for one of the new points tested skilled migration visas. It helps address regional skill shortages as the Skill Select permits the attempt of migrants to stipulate if they are willing to spend their life and work and be a localized Australian. This is of particular benefit for employers experiencing regional skill shortages and state or territory governments are attempting to settle the people immigrating to Australia in various regions.
Also read:Australia Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189What are the requirements for Skilled migration points test under Skill Select The three points tested skilled migration visa subclasses are 189, 190 and 489 they continue to require intending migrants pass a points test to be invited to apply for a visa. The factors assessed under the new points test are similar to the current points test. The main difference is between the points based on the applicants attribute at the time of invitation rather than at the time of application lodgment or decision.
- The pass mark is the minimum number of points required to be eligible for a points tested skilled migration visa and is subject to change in response to Australian labour market needs.
- Under Skill Select, the ability to meet the points test mark will not guarantee an invitation to apply.
- These invitations will be issued periodically to the highest ranking expressions of interest subject to occupations ceilings.
- The age at the time of invitation,
- English language competency level at the time of invitation,
- Australian Skilled employment in nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation, at time of invitation,
- Educational qualifications at the time of invitation, Australian Study qualifications at time of invitation,
- The other factors at the time of invitation might be credentialed community language qualifications, partner skill qualification, and professional year completion.
- State nomination/sponsorship at time of invitation. The nomination by state or territory government or sponsorship by an eligible family member, for residing and working in a specific area for the visa subclass 489 only its liable.
Also read: Australia Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190From 1st of July, 2014, if skills assessment is mandatory as part of a visa application, that assessment will only be valid for a period of three years from the date of issue, unless a shorter validity period is specified on the assessment. The first step remains as Submit an EOI and then Login to Skill Select. Skilled workers and business people interested in migrating to Australia can be considered for a skilled visa by submitting an EOI through skill select. An EOI is an indication that you would like to be considered for a skilled visa. An EOI is not a visa application. You will be asked to provide a range of information in your EOI depending on the visa you want to be considered for, such as-
- Basic personal information,
- Nominated occupation,
- Work experience,
- Study and education,
- Level of English Skills,
- Details of skills assessment, related to your nominated occupation,
- Business and investment experience.