Moving to Canada as a Tourist? Now you can Convert your Visit Visa into a Work Permit!
Canada is a beautiful country that lures the thousands of tourists every year with its diverse landscapes, flourishing cities, and welcoming people. It is undoubtedly a popular destination not only for tourists, but also for students, and skilled workers who arrive here every year from all parts of the world.
If you are planning a visit to Canada, you should know that the process of acquiring a visit visa has been made easier, moreover you can now apply for a work permit while on a visit visa. Let’s find out what all you can take up, enjoy and explore while being on Canada visit visa .
Explore Canada on Visitor Visa
Canada has a streamlined and transparent process that allows visitors to apply for a visit visa with ease. You can apply online, via a paper application, or in person at a VAC (visa application centre). The visit visa allows you to stay in Canada for a limited period, usually up to 6 months, and enjoy all the wonders that the country has to offer, i.e.
- Niagara Falls: One of the most popular waterfalls of the world, on the border of Canadian province Ontario and New York State.
- Banff National Park: A magnificently beautiful park in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta province, with lakes, glaciers, and ample wildlife.
- Toronto : The largest city of the maple leaf country, with world-class museums, art galleries, shopping, and dining places.
- Vancouver: A coastal city in the province of British Columbia famous for its charming beauty, cultural diversity, and outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Quebec City: A historic city in Canadian province Quebec, with delightful cobblestone streets, spectacular architecture, and a strong French culture.
Also read How to apply Canada Tourist Visa from India?
Convert your Visitor visa in to Work permit
During the pandemic era, Canadian government employed a temporary public policy, which allows the visitors in Canada, who receive a valid job offer to apply for and receive a work permit without having to leave the country. Now, on 28 February 2023, the government of Canada has extended this temporary public policy for 2 years, i.e. until February 28, 2025.
It means, once you have acquired a visit visa and have reached Canada, you can now search for suitable job, obtain an employment offer and subsequently, apply for a work permit. The work permit allows you to work lawfully in Canada and earn a living while exploring the maple leaf country. The process of gaining a work permit is streamlined and can be done online through the website of Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Who is Eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply, a visitor in Canada, looking to benefit from this temporary public policy need to,
- Have valid status in Canada as a visitor on the s/he apply
- Have an employment offer that is supported by a LMIA (labour market impact assessment) or an LMIA-exempt offer of employment
- Lodge an application for an employer-specific work permit no later than February 28, 2025
- Fulfil all other standard admissibility criteria
Applying for a visit visa and a work permit in Canada is an exceptional opportunity for the individuals looking to visit and work in an advanced country. So, are you ready to avail this golden opportunity to explore the beauty of Canada, while working? Apply for a Canadian visit visa now and start your journey today!
To get complete and trusted assistance to apply for Visit Visa, you may get in touch with qualified and trusted Canada migration expert at Visas Avenue.
You may call VA Migration Expert on Toll-Free No. 78-18-000-777 or you can drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .