Opportunity for Occupational Health and Safety Advisers in Australia
In Australia, the scope for the skilled workers, especially, the professionals from IT, Engineering, Healthcare, and Construction Sector etc. is tremendous. Talking about Healthcare Industry, at now, there is a huge demand for Occupational Health and Safety Advisers in Australia, hence, the professional in this sector have the great opportunity of Australia Immigration. Lets find more about the demand for this occupation in Australia and associated job responsibilities with it. Opportunity for Occupational Health and Safety Advisers in Australia. As already talked about, there is a great Opportunity for Health and Safety Advisers in Australia. The Australian government is very particular about the workplace conditions and laws for the workers in the country. Hence, in view of the growing industries in Australia, the need of Health and Safety Advisers is quite essential for the employees at the workplaces, in order to enhance, execute, and estimate the various programs and policies to ensure the proper health and safety measures for the employees at work. It includes rehabilitation programs, Workers Compensation policy and so on. Duties & Responsibilities of Occupational Health and Safety Advisers Below are the key tasks they perform.
- Keep a record of accident information, etc. and meet the workers compensation reporting needs
- Coordinate with health experts to implement the key advice into rehabilitation programs, accident prevention and health encouragement, etc.
- Suggest the job redesign plans and methods in case of work-related health issues
- Suggest and support the injured employees in recovery and rehabilitation matters
- Plan and arrange training for fire wardens, occupational health and safety committees, first aid officers, etc. and manage various educational programs on health & safety
- Plan and develop policies and methods to encourage safe work practices
- Analyze and assess roots and causes of accidents and subsequently suggest key steps to minimize risk of recurrence
- Prepare and implement the accident and fire prevention methods, and manage the mock drills for evacuation.
- Investigate and analyze various sensitive equipment, chemicals and machinery, etc. and managing the replacement or repairing of the same