Migrate to Canada from US

Migrate to Canada from US

Every year, more than 10,000 U.S. residents migrate to Canada on a permanent visa. If you too wish to move and settle down, then you are not alone. Whether you are planning study or work in Canada, you must know the right options to apply for Canada PR from USA. Migrate to Canada from USA on a PR VisaThe Federal Express Entry system of Canada is one of the most popular and easiest permanent pathways to move to Canada from the United States. Express Entry follows an electronic system to accept, process and approve majority of Canadian PR applications for three key economic immigration programs. If you become eligible to apply under any one of the programs, you will enter the pool of candidates and be eligible to apply for Canadian PR via Express Entry. Once you get an invitation to apply and submit your final application along with supporting documents and fee, the IRCC (Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship Canada) process 80% of complete applications within 4-6 months. Such quick processing times make Express Entry one of the fastest immigration programs in the world. Following are the three key federal economic immigration programs managed under Express Entry:

  1. Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)- Its ideal for those applicants who have foreign work experience and wish to migrate to Canada permanently. To qualify, candidates must meet minimum eligibility requirements, i.e. at least 1 year of skilled work experience in an occupation listed under NOC skill level O, A or B, score at least CLB 7 in all 4 language abilities and have a degree, diploma or certificate. Upon meeting minimum selection criteria, candidates must obtain at least 67 out of 100 points on the FSW point grid on six selection factors.


  1. Federal Skilled Trades (FST)- It is ideal for those applicants who wish to move to Canada permanently and are trained in any specific skilled trade. To qualify, candidates must have at least 2 years of experience in any skilled trade gained within past 5 years, meet minimum language requirement of scoring CLB 5 for speaking 7 listening and CLB 4 for reading and writing), and have a Canadian certificate of qualification to practice a trade or a job offer in hand in a skilled trade.


  1. Canadian Experience Class (CEC)- This program is for those skilled workers who have relevant Canadian work experience. To qualify, you must meet language requirements ( CLB 7 for NOC 0 or A & jobs & CLB 5 for NOC B jobs), have worked in an occupation under NOC level 0, A, or B for minimum 1 year in Canada on a valid work permit.

All three immigration programs mentioned here are competitive and point based. Once candidates meet the selection requirements and enter the Express Entry pool, they get a CRS score and a ranking. Only the highest-ranking candidates will then get an invitation to apply (ITA) for Canada PR via Express Entry. To discover Canadian immigration pathways for yourself, we recommend to take our free assessment online and get the right piece of advice from our Canada visa and immigration consultants at Visas Avenue. Or, you may call us on Toll-Free No. 78-18-000-777 or drop your details at to get a call back from us.