Your Complete Guide to Apply for Canada Tourist Visa from India 2022
Whether you prefer a road trip or a multi-destination itinerary, Canada offers endless possibilities for adventure and relaxation.
Every year, tens and thousands of individuals and families visit Canada on a tourist visa to meet their family and friends or simply explore the beautiful country. For those who wish to visit Canada for a short period, the Canadian Government offers Canada tourist visa program.
What can you do on Canada Tourist Visa?
With a Canada tourist visa, you can:
- visit Canada on vacation/holiday
- visit your friends or family members living in Canada
- visit Canada for a short business trip
- transit through a Canadian airport on the way to your final destination
Apply for Canadian Visitor Visa
- Go a Vacation
- Visit your Friends & Family
- Go on a Cruise
- Perform business activities
- Join a short-term course
- and more
Also read:- How to apply for Canada Tourist Visa?
What are the Popular Places to Visit on Canada Tourist Visa?
Since Canada is open for fully vaccinated travelers and visitors, you can go and explore these places and more on a Canada tourist visa from India:
- Niagara Falls
- Banff National Park
- Okanagan Valley
- The Toronto City Hall
What are the Canada Tourist Visa Requirements?
To apply for Canada tourist visa from India or any other country, you must meet the eligibility requirements of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).
- submit proof of being fully vaccinated on ArriveCan
- submit travel and contact information, quarantine plan, COVID-19 symptom self-assessment on ArriveCan
- have a passport or valid travel document
- convince the immigration officer that you will leave the country at the end of your stay
- show that you have ties to your home country like a job, financial assets, family or home that will take you back
- have proof of funds to financially manage yourself and your family members (if any) in Canada and to return to your home country
- prove that you don't intend to study or work in Canada unless you are authorized to do so
- abide by the Canadian law and have clean criminal record
- ensure that you will not be a risk to Canada's security
- provide any additional document as and when requested by the immigration officer to establish your admissibility to Canada
- be in good health condition and submit a medical examination report, if required
You are not allowed to visit Canada, if:
- You are inadmissible for any reasons, like your involvement in any:
- criminal activity
- organized crime
- human rights violations
- You are found to pose any health, financial or security risk to Canada
Useful Tips for Traveling on Canada Tourist Visa
If travelling to Canada is in your mind whether as a tourist, to visit your friends and family, or simply transiting, you must keep these tips handy.
- Choose a right visa program
- Understand documentation requirements
- Update ArriveCan
- Prepare well for Canadian Weather
- Arrange a place in Canada to stay
- Smart packing is the key
- Check for restricted or prohibited goods
How much is the Canada Tourist Visa Fees?
To apply for a Canada tourist visa from India, you must pay Canada tourist visa fees in Indian rupees along with your final visitor visa application and supporting documents.
Refer the table below:
Visitor visa – single entry or multiple entry (including super visa)
Visitor visa – per family (1 fee per family of 5 or more people)
Extend your stay as a visitor – per person
Restore your status as a visitor
Also read:- What is Canada Business Tourist Visa?
What are the Documents Required for Canada Tourist Visa from India?
You must submit all or a few documents at different stages based on your purpose of visit on Canada tourist visa from India:
- Proof of covid-19 vaccination to be shown to border services officer upon arrival in Canada at a port of entry
- Arrivecan receipt (electronic or paper) including your travel and contact information, covid-19 symptom self-assessment
- Travel history (if you’ve travelled to Canada or to other nations)
- Itinerary (flight details, hotel reservations, registration for an event)
- Account statement (proof of having enough money to support your stay)
- Identity document
- Use of a representative (IMM 5476) (if family members are applying on behalf of you or any third party need to complete this form)
- Any additional document (if asked)
Stepwise process to apply for Canada Tourist Visa from India
- Step 1: Gather documents
- Step 2: Complete your application
- Step 3: Pay the required fees
- Step 4: Submit your application
- Step 5: IRCC Reviews application
- Step 6: Application approval
What is the Processing Time for Canada Tourist Visa from India?
Generally, the processing time for a Canada tourist visa application depends upon from where and how you are applying. But, generally processing time for Canada tourist visa from India is up to 129 days.
Please note that the processing time doesn’t include the time taken in sending an application between a VAC and IRCC office and the time you require to give your biometrics.
How to turn Canada tourist visa into Canada student visa?
A lot of people who visit Canada as a tourist end up wanting to live in Canada for a longer time. In this case, they look out for options like enrolling for higher studies and explore the vast opportunities that Canada offers.
To qualify for Canada Student Visa, you must have:
- an acceptance letter from DLI (designated learning institution)
- a valid passport or any other travel document
- a proof of funds as an evidence that you can pay for your tuition fees, living expenses and return tickets
- no criminal record for which you must submit a police certificate
- been in good health while applying for which you must get a medical examination done
- clear intention and prove it to the immigration officer that you will leave the country once your study program ends or your study permit expires
For proper guidance and support with application process for Canada tourist visa from India, you may connect with our team of advisors at Visas Avenue. You may reach us on Toll-Free No. 78-18-000-777 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With years of experience in Canadian immigration, our team of visa and immigration consultants at Visas Avenue can help you throughout your Canada tourist visa application process.
Our team can help you with:
- Free profile assessment to identify the best strategy to get the visa
- Guiding you about how to present your case file to improve your chances of selection
- Advising you on documentation gathering and finances to be shown and submitted
- Guiding you with filling forms and applications
- Reviewing all your documentation before submission for accuracy and completeness
- Visa follow-up on your behalf
- And more.