Canada Immigration on Temporary Visa? Can it be converted to PR later on?

Canada Immigration on Temporary Visa? Can it be converted to PR later on?
Canada is the most favorite destination for immigration in the world. Every year, approximately 250,000 people immigrate to Canada to live, work, study, or business here. The immigration target for this year 2016 is to invite and welcome 300,000 immigrants. The people come here on temporary as well as permanent visa. If you want to move to Canada on temporary visa here is how you can

Move to Canada on Temporary visa

If you want to move to Canada on temporary visa, you need to apply for work in Canada. The Canadian Temporary visa allows you to live and work in Canada for up to four years. However, to apply for the Canadian temporary visa, you need to first get the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) approved job offer from a Canadian employer. The LMIA is an approval your employer in Canada needs to get from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC), which gets issued, when the employer is able to convince HRSDC that there was no Canadian available to be hired for the position offered to you. Once you have received the LMIA approved job offer, you can apply for the Canadian temporary visa.

How you can convert your temporary visa to Canadian PR?

Once you have spent sufficient time and earned appropriate experience in Canada, you can apply for the PR (permanent residency) in Canada under CIC (Canadian Experience Class) stream of express entry system. The CIC stream of express entry offers the Canadian PR to those applicants who have gained sufficient experience living in Canada, i.e. international students on study permit or Canadian temporary visa holders.

What are the key requirements to get the Canadian temporary visa?

The key requirements of the Canadian temporary visa are as follows:
  • Provide the language proficiency test result, i.e. IELTS, etc.
  • Provide Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by a recognized authority, i.e. World Education Services (WES)
  • Obtain the LMIA approved employment offer from an approved Canadian employer
  • Provide health and character certifications
  • Need to convince the immigration officer that you will leave the country once your permit expires
  • Need to prove that you are financially strong enough to support you and your family in Canada
  • Fulfill the basic requirements of the temporary visa
Apply Permanent Residency in Canada without Canadian Employment Offer The Federal Express Entry System is the best pathway to get Permanent Residency (PR) in Canada that too without the need of an employment offer or Temporary visa. It is based on a point system called CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) that assess the applicants based on key factors, i.e. age, education, work experience, language ability, etc. Click here to know more about pathway to apply for Canada PR The Visas Avenue is the top immigration advisory service in India that has years of experience in Canada immigration and visa categories. The qualified experts at Visas Avenue are available on contact nos. 011-48447777 (Delhi) or 080-46668222 (Bangalore). You may also send your Canada immigration queries, concerns and feedback to email id- Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not a job recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/temporary visas/international or domestic placements.