Apply for Australia Spouse Visa from India in 2022
For years, tens and thousands of young and talented Indian immigrants have dreamed of moving to Australia with their families for a better quality of life, ample job opportunities, and more. Since English is an official language of Australia, skilled Indian citizens find it easy to settle down. This is why Australia is home to a large Indian community. Among key pathways to Australian immigration, one of the most popular ones is the Spouse Visa category. It offers a quick path for Australian permanent residents to reunite with their spouse or de facto partner. Suppose you wish to bring your legally married spouse or de facto partner to Australia. In that case, you may sponsor them for Australia Partner Visa Subclass 309 (Provisional), which leads to Partner (Migrant) Visa Subclass 100.
How does the Australia Spouse Visa Works?
Australia's Spouse or Partner Visa allows the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian permanent resident, citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen to move to Australia. Australian Spouse or Partner Visa- Key Categories Partner visa (Provisional) Subclass 309: With this visa, a spouse or a de facto partner of an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible citizen of New Zealand can move to Australia temporarily. This is the first step towards their Permanent Partner visa subclass 100, as it directly leads to a Permanent Partner visa. However, the spouse or partner must be living outside of Australia while applying for a temporary partner visa. Partner visa (Migrant) Subclass 100:With this visa, a spouse or a de facto partner of an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible citizen of New Zealand can move to Australia permanently. However, to qualify for visa subclass 100, you must hold a Partner (temporary) visa 309.
Eligibility criteria- Australia Spouse Visa
To be sponsored to apply for a Spouse Visa, a person must be married or in a de facto relationship with-
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Citizen of Australia
- Eligible citizen of New Zealand
Additionally, to qualify for an Australia spouse visa, both sponsor and to be sponsored partner must meet the below-mentioned eligibility requirements:
- You and your partner or spouse must be committed to living a shared life as a legally married couple or a de facto partner
- You both must provide evidence of continuing and genuine relationship
- You both must prove that you live together or don't live separately permanently
- If not legally married, they must prove to be in a relationship and living together for at least 12 months
- You both must be 18 years or above
- You must meet Australia's health and character requirements
- To be sponsored partner or spouse must be living outside Australia while applying and when the visa is granted (for Visa 309)
- To be sponsored partner or spouse must hold a Visa Subclass 309 while applying (for Visa 100)
- Australian citizen or PR holder must be approved as a sponsor
Documentation- Australian Spouse Visa
You must gather and submit the following documents at different stages:
- Identity Proof
- Valid Passport or other travel documents
- Relationship Proof, including:
- Marriage certificate or other relationship registration proof
- Separation or divorce document, death certificate (if the spouse was earlier divorced/separated or widowed)
- Show relationship history in a written statement
- Submit Joint financial records, including bank statements, insurance policies, property papers, etc.
- Proof of sharing household responsibilities and how families perceive their relationship like invitation cards received as a couple, family photographs, joint travel plans, etc.
- Proof of having a long-lasting relationship
- Evidence of living together (If in a de-facto relationship) for at least one year before lodging your application
- Health and character documents
- Sponsor's supporting documents
- Documentary proof of being an approved sponsor
- Proof that the sponsor is already living in Australia as a citizen or permanent resident
If you wish to apply for Australia Spouse Visa in 2022, you may seek expert assistance at Visas Avenue. We have a team of highly trained and experienced Australian immigration consultants who can guide you throughout the process. To begin with, you may fill out a free profile assessment form or drop your details at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a call back from us.