Which is the Best Australian immigration pathway for Skilled Professionals
Which is the Best Australian immigration pathway for Skilled ProfessionalsAustralia every year, welcome thousands of skilled and qualified immigrants warmly, in an effort to meet economic needs and skill shortage in the country. Australias most popular skilled visa subclasses include Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190, Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 and Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 491. The invitations are issued to eligible applicants who meet the points requirements and have a plan to settle down in Australia. The DHA play a key role in supporting perspective migrants who wish to live, work or study in any part of Australia on a permanent basis. For such dreamers, the General Skilled Migration is indeed an ideal option. All three prominent visas mentioned above are managed under GSM program:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)- It is a point-tested PR visa subclass designed to invite skilled professionals with relevant skills to settle down in Australia and can contribute significantly to its economy. As a 189-visa holder, you can live, work and study anywhere in Australia indefinitely and travel in and out of Australia for a maximum of 5 years from the date of visa approval.
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) (Sponsorship required)- Its also a permanent visa subclass, but to qualify, you must have a nomination in hand from an Australian state or territory government agency.
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)- Its a temporary visa subclass with a validity of 5 years. For this visa subclass, you must have either a nomination from a regional territory or a sponsorship from a family member living in regional Australia.
Basic eligibility criteria for General skilled migration program:
- You must age 45 years or below
- You must have your occupation listed in relevant Skilled occupation list of Australia
- You must have at least competent level of English
- You must obtain skill assessment report
- Must have nomination from state/territory of Australia, if applying for state nominated visa
- You must score a minimum of 65 points or above while submitting an EOI in SkillSelect
- You must get medical examination done to prove that you are mentally and physically fit
- You must have a character certificate as well to prove clean criminal background
- You must submit an EOI online via SkillSelect