QSWP Vs PNP- Which One to Choose to Apply for Canadian PR?

QSWP Vs PNP- Which One to Choose to Apply for Canadian PR?

When express entry is not your cup of tea, which immigration program you must opt for? Well, there are several applicants, who dont receive the ITA (invitation to apply) for permanent residency visa through Express Entry System even after months of their registration in EE System. The low CRS score is the primary reason for the same. However, it is said that candidates with low CRS score can still obtain Canadian PR by applying into other Canada immigration programs with less eligibility requirements. The Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) and Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are two popular Canada immigration programs that invite and nominate the candidates for Canadian Permanent Residency even with the low CRS Score. Lets take a look at both these popular immigration programs.

1. Quebec Skilled Worker Program

Quebec is a key Canadian province with a strong economy, and bilingual (speaking both English and French) communities. Quebec has its own immigration program, i.e. Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP). The QSWP also follows a point system to choose immigrants. As an individual applicant, you require scoring minimum 49 points; however, if applying with a spouse or common law partner, you need at least 57 points to qualify. If you are selected in QSWP, the Quebec government will issue a Quebec Selection Certificate in your name. The Quebec Selection Certificate or CSQ makes you eligible to apply for Canadian permanent residency.

Also Read- Quebec to ease the process to help Skilled Migrants

2. Provincial Nominee Programs

Most of the provinces in Canada have a provincial nominee program, through which, they select the suitable immigrants to offer them permanent residency. The provincial nominee programs operate in coordination with the Canadian federal government. The government fixes the quota of applications a province can accept through its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). If you get selected in a Provincial Nominee Program, you become eligible to receive a nomination from that province or territory government. Based on the provincial nomination, you can apply for Canadian permanent residency to IRCC. The most popular Provincial Nominee Programs in Canada are:

  • Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
  • Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
  • British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP)
  • Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSNP), etc.

Also Read- What are the other pathways to get Canadian PR Apart from Express Entry and PNPs?

Which one to chose?

It all depends on the immigration profile, skills, and expertise and immigration points of different applicants. However, in general, if you are good in speaking French, you must apply in Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP). Quebec is bilingual province where both English and French is spoken widely. Hence, the applicants who speak French well also get preference as well in the QSWP. You may also assess and compare the eligibility requirements of both QSWP and provincial nominee program you are applying, i.e. OINP, SINP, etc. to choose the best one for you to apply. For instance, QSWP demands CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) - 5 language requirement, whereas few PNPs, i.e. SINP demands the CLB requirement just CLB 4. So, things like these can be the tiebreak between the QSWP and the PNP you wish to apply.

You may also seek assistance from the certified immigration expert

You may also seek assistance from the certified immigration expert associated with any trusted Canadian Visa and Immigration Consultancy Service. A genuine and registered Canada Immigration Consultant can provide you vital assistance in choosing the right Canada immigration program based on your profile and immigration points. Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not ajob recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.