Key Changes made to the New Zealand Residence Programme policy for Next 2 Years
The New Zealand Government has announced the key changes to the New Zealand Residence Program (NZRP) for the next 2 years. The New Zealand Residence program is divided in the three key streams. It manages the residence approval for the appropriate candidates based on government objectives and labour market demands in the country.
Lets find out the key changes made to the NZRP policy for the next two years
Key Changes made to the New Zealand Residence Program (NZRP) Policy
Here are the key changes being made into New Zealand Residence Program for the coming two years:
- Planning Range Reduced: The Planning range has been reduced for the coming two years (July 2016 to 30 June 2018.) for NZRP. The new range is reduced to 85,000 to 90,000 from 90,000 to 100,000 which was for last two years.
- Automatic Selection Marks: In order to limit the residence approval to announced range, the automatic selection marks for the residence applicants under SMC category has been increased to 160 points from 140 points earlier.
- The proof of Language Proficiency: As per the new arrangements the Skilled Migrant Category will now have undergo the recognized language test and subsequently show the test results to show their proficiency level in English language. The NZ will start accepting the vast range of English Language tests with effect from November, 2016.
- Number of Places for Capped Family Categories: Under the SMC category, number of places has been reduced from 5500 to 2000 annually for the capped family categories. Moreover, the Parent Category shall remain closed temporarily for fresh applications till the time its being reviewed. Hence, no EOI (Expression of interest) will be selected from Parent category pool of candidates with effect from October 12, 2016.
- Policy under review: The policy is also under review in order to ensure that it provides highest value for the New Zealand.
What is the NZRP?
As discussed already, the NZRP manages residence approvals of the successful candidates. Here are the key streams of NZRP:
- Skilled / business This particular stream has been designed for skilled workers, investors and entrepreneurs (Including their immediate family members)
- Family This particular scheme has been launched for family members of New Zealand residents and citizens. It includes both uncapped categories for partners and dependent children, and capped categories for parents, adult children and siblings
- International / Humanitarian - To meet international and humanitarian commitments (for example, the Pacific Access Category and refugee quota)
NZRP Flexible Policy
The New Zealand Residence Program (NZRP) is not only flexible, but also revised every two years, so that it can include the key measures based on the current conditions of demand and economy in the country. For the year 2016-17 and 2017-18 the planning range for residence Visa approval is between 85,000 and 95,000.
Looking to apply for Residence Visa in New Zealand?
If you wish to immigrate to New Zealand by applying for an appropriate NZ Visa, you may coordinate with certified visa and immigration specialist for New Zealand at Visas Avenue. You will get complete assistance and support from Visas Avenue in the immigration process from start till end.
Call the visa and immigration experts at Visas Avenue on 011-48447777 (Delhi), 040-42467777 (Hyderabad), or 080-46668222 (Bangalore) or email you queries to email@example.com. Visas Avenue is a registered Overseas Immigration Consultancy Service with a team of most experienced visa and immigration experts.