How to Immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker in 2022?
Express Entry's Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) will make a suitable immigration pathway if you are willing to move to Canada as a skilled worker. Under FSWP, the Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship Canada selects skilled foreign nationals who can establish themselves economically in Canada and support the nation's economy and labour market. The Federal Skilled Worker Program is managed under Canada's Express Entry System, designed to manage permanent residence (PR) applications from skilled workers and is one of the most popular Canadian Immigration programs. To qualify for FSWP, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for:
- Skilled work experience - Must have a minimum of one year of full-time (or equal amount of part-time, continuous work experience gained in past ten years in a professional occupation under NOC skill level O, A or B.
- Language ability (English or French)- Must get a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all four abilities, i.e., reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Educational Level- Must have a certificate, diploma or degree from a secondary or post-secondary institution and provide Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from a designated organization to prove that it is equal to a completed education in Canada.
Upon meeting the criteria mentioned above, your application will be evaluated based on six selection factors under the FSWP Points Grid:
- Work experience
- Whether you have a valid job offer
- English and/or French language skills
To qualify and enter the pool of candidates, you must score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 on the FSW points grid. While, once you are in the Express Entry pool, the IRCC will assess your profile and award you with a score and a rank using a different selection system, known as the Comprehensive Ranking System.
Also Read: Tips to Prepare your Application for Canada PR Visa 2022
If you fail to meet the minimum CRS score requirement as per the latest Express Entry draw, you won't qualify for an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for Canada PR. To avoid such a scenario, you may use our free CRS calculator onlineand accordingly work upon improving your CRS scores by:
- Aiming to score CLB band eight or above for language proficiency
- Complete another diploma, certificate or degree
- Get a provincial nomination
Documentation Requirement for FSWP
It would help if you had some or all of these documents at different stages:
- A valid passport or other travel documents
- English or French language test results
- Educational credential assessment report for education obtained outside of Canada
- Proof of funds to prove that you have enough money to settle in Canada
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Medical Examination Certificate
If you are interested in immigrating to Canada via Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) this year, take a free profile assessment first and discover if you qualify for immigration or not. Our team of visa and immigration experts at Visas Avenue can adequately guide you throughout the Canada PR process, right from profile evaluation and profile creation to documentation and visa follow-up. To know more about us, you may connect on a Toll-Free No, 78-18-000-777 or you may drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.