How to apply for Canada Immigration online? Know the requirements and Processing Time?

How to apply for Canada Immigration online? Know the requirements and Processing Time?

Canada has the point based immigration system. You can apply in any of the two most popular Canadian programs i.e.

1. Express Entry System

2. QSWP (Quebec Skilled Workers Program)

Both these programs provide you the PR in Canada.

I would suggest you to focus on Express Entry as its the federal immigration program and Quebec is one of the provinces of Canada, so, your profile can even be picked from the Express Entry by the Quebec Province or employers there.

button (7)

Express Entry System: Its the point based online immigration system of Canada launched in January 2015. The Federal Express Entry System has the below 3 streams:

  • Federal Skilled Workers Program (skilled professional workers)
  • Federal Skilled Trades Programs (for skilled manual workers)
  • Canadian Experienced Class Programs (for the ones Canada with skilled professional work experience)

The first one would suit you the best if you are a skilled professional worker.

Stepwise Procedure to Apply in Express Entry System

  • You need to create an online profile on IRCC (Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada) site, and submit an EOI (Expression of Interest)
  • The IRCC will review your profile and allocate it a definite CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) Score/Points. The points allocated to your profile will be based on your details mentioned, i.e. Education, Language Proficiency, Work Experience, etc.
  • The IRCC launches draws periodically (usually every 15 days), and sets a particular CRS Score for that particular draw.
  • The candidates who have the CRS score equal to or beyond that set requirement, becomes eligible to receive an ITA (invitation to apply) for PR visa from IRCC.

Key Requirements for Express Entry (EE)

  • Create online EE profile on IRCC website and submit EOI.
  • Get your credentials (educational documents, etc.) assessed by a internationally recognized assessment authority
  • Get the language certification (in English or French) from a recognized Authority. The language proficiency must be as per the required criteria.
  • Although its optional, however, the fact is to enhance your chances of selection you try to get a job offer from the Canadian employer or apply in any PNP (Provincial Nominee Program) program to get the nomination from a particular province in Canada.
  • Other documents required later on regarding health and character certification, etc.

How to Get the Permanent Residency Visa in Canada in just 6 to 8 months

Processing Time

Well, the EE system claims it to be around 6 to 12 months, however, it entirely depends on the individual document verification, form filled with accuracy or not, rejection if any, any additional documents asked by authorities based on your profile, etc. You can take a help from an immigration expert to complete all the formalities accurately.

How to ensure the early PR in Canada

Well, if you are a layman it is advised that you coordinate with an immigration expert/consultant to apply for PR in Canada. The Immigration Consultants being the professionals and experts, help you apply online and later one file the visa application accurately with the immigration office. For instance, if you are in India, the Visas Avenueis the popular Canadian Immigration Consultancy Service.

The Visas Avenue helps you in:

  • Online profile creation, EOI submission
  • Credential Assessment through a recognized authority
  • Language coaching and certification in English Language
  • Form filling, visa filing, follow up with authorities, etc.

Its one of the best immigration advisory companies around for Canada immigration online apply and PR having branch in Delhi and Bangalore. You can contact them at: 011-48447777 / 080-4666 8222 or mail

Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not ajob recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.