How easy is it to get PR in Canada? Is it as good as Canadian Citizenship?
Well, if you are ready to apply for permanent residency in Canada, there is nothing like easy or difficult. Click the Free Assessment form here for inclusive Canada Immigration Process Assistance It all depends on your skills, qualification, experience, and the way you choose and follow the whole process. Canada is an ideal country for immigrants and hence, millions of people across the world want to get the Canadian PR. Lets first find out how easy is it to get PR in Canada.
How easy is it to get PR in Canada?As already discussed, it all depends on how good your profile is and also how diligently you follow the process of immigration. The key immigration programs that get you PR in Canada are Express Entry, QSWP and PNP. You can choose any of these programs to get permanent residency in Canada.
- Express Entry System: Launched in January 2015, Express entry is now a widely popular and most organized immigration system of Canada. The process to apply in express entry is simple. Create a online profile and submit EOI (expression of interest) in EE system. Your profile will be given a definite point score based on your education, experience, language proficiency in English or French, age, etc. factors. If your profile is picked in any of the express entry draws, you will get ITA (Invitation to apply) for PR visa.
- QSWP: The QSWP (Quebec Skilled Workers Program) is a separate immigration program of the Quebec Province in Canada. It is also based on point based system. If you are selected in the program, you will get CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate) which enables you to apply for visa to IRCC (Immigration Refugee & Citizenship Canada) to get PR in Quebec, Canada.
- PNP: The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are the immigration programs of different provinces of Canada, i.e. Saskatchewan (SINP), Nova Scotia (NSNP), Alberta (AINP), etc. All these operate a point based system to select the eligible PR candidates for their own province. If you apply and get selected in any of the PNP program, you will get the nomination certificate, which subsequently, ensure the PR visa for you.
Is PR in Canada equivalent to Citizenship?Although, the PR in Canada doesnt mean the Canadian Citizenship, however, you get most of the rights and benefits that a citizen of Canada receives.
Key Benefits of Canadian PRThe key benefits of Canadian PR are as follows:
- It allows you to live and work in Canada indefinitely.
- Get the healthcare benefits
- Get the most of the social benefits like a Canadian citizen
- Get the protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- You can apply for Canadian Citizenship
- Vote in elections or run a Political Office
- Apply for certain specific loans meant for the Canadian citizens only
- Apply for certain jobs that require a high-level security clearance.