Everything You Want to know about Point Tested Skilled Visas in Australia
Australia is one of the best countries to apply for a skilled migration visa. It offers high wages to the foreign skilled workers along with advanced infrastructure, livable cities, high standards of living, etc. This is why every young and talented skilled worker today wants to move to Australia to get employed in the top organizations of the world and set up a dynamic career in the luck country. Apart from offering the incredible work environment, growth opportunities and high wages, Australia also provides one of the best immigration systems in the world to the visa applicants. It has got well-structured and point tested skilled visas to allow skilled immigrants in the country. Lets explore more about this point tested Australian skilled visas. (Note: With effect from April 19, 2017, Australian Government has replaced the old Occupation lists, i.e. SOL & CSOL with new Skilled Occupation lists, i.e. Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) & Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL). The visa applicants, eligible to nominate an occupation from STSOL, also have access to some occupations in MLTSSL. Hence, both the lists (STSOL & MLTSSL) have been combined to form a new Combined List of Eligible Skilled Occupations and hence, there is no separate STSOL list.) Skilled Worker Visas in Australia The skilled visa categories of Australiaare well-structured and categorized based on the immigration type. The latest point system was introduced to three of the key skilled visa categories in Australia in 2015, i.e.
- Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa
- Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 Visa (State Nominated)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 Visa (State Nominated)
You must choose a high demand occupation from Skilled Occupation List SOL) or Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) to apply for Australian skilled visas. Skilled Occupation List (SOL) The Skilled Occupation Listis released every year by the government of Australia. It includes the high demand occupations in Australia for which skilled workers can be hired from overseas. The SOL has been designed for the following category of applicants.
- Independent skilled workers, having no state nomination or employer sponsorship from Australia
- Point-based family sponsored visas
- Applicants for Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 visa
Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL)The CSOL is also a high demand occupation list. It is mean for following applicants:
- Applicants of point tested Skilled Nominated Visas. The applicants under this category have the nomination posses the nomination from any state or territory government agency in Australia.
Permanent Residency Visas for Skilled Workers
- Skilled Independent Visa - Subclass 189
- Skilled Nominated Visa- Subclass 190
Moreover, temporary work visa, i.e. Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 489 (valid for 4 years) also provides pathway to get permanent residency in Australia.
Key Requirements to apply for Point Tested Skilled Worker Visas
- An applicant must be under 50 years of age
- Nominate an occupation from SOL/CSOL list
- Acquire English Language proficiency test, such as, IELTS with a good score
- Get the Skill Assessment done by a relevant assessing authority
- Submit Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect system
- Obtain minimum 60 points in the point test based on age, education, language, etc.
The English Language Proficiency tests valid for Australia Immigration
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test (also known as Certificate in Advanced English)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test (TOEFL IBT)
Encouraged enough to move to the incredible Kangaroo Land? So, get in touch with a registered Visa and Immigration Consultancy Service for Australia to discuss your immigration plan, know about the relevant visa, and subsequently apply for the same.
Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not ajob recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.