Australias New Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 491 to replace Subclass 489 Visa- Find details
The Australian government has announced some key immigration rule changes a couple of weeks back. One of these important changes announced was the introduction of new Skilled Regional Visas Subclass 491. The Australian government in last few months emphasizing on diverting the new immigrants to regional parts of Australia, as the big cities, such as Melbourne, Sydney, etc. are overburdened due to massive migration to these cities in last few years. Hence, the government has decided to divert new migrants to regional Australia and provide some relaxations also in the process to encourage migration into the regional parts.
Introduction of New Skilled Work Regional Visa
The Department of Home Affairs Australia is going to implement some key changes to Skilled Immigration Policy in Australia with effect from November 16, 2019.
- Introduction of the Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491), a new and enhanced points-tested visa to benefit regional parts of Australia, for candidates nominated by a state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible family member living in a designated regional area
- Removal of the Subclass 489 (Skilled Regional (Provisional)) visa (Subclass 489) to primary applicants seeking to fulfill the parameters for the grant of a Subclass 489 visa in the First Provisional Visa stream. Subclass 489 is outdated or superseded by Subclass 491.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa Subclass 491
As mentioned above the new Subclass 491 visa will replace the existing Subclass 489 visa. Also, the newly enhanced point system will support the newly introduced Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa. Moreover, w.e.f. November 16, 2019, the applicants nominated by a State or Territory government or sponsored by a family member residing in regional Australia, will now get 15 points, whereas earlier they used to get the 10 points only.
New Point system from November 16, 2019
To go with the above changes, Australia is also implementing the below point system changes from November this year, i.e.
- 10 points for having a skilled spouse or de facto partner
- 10 points- for having certain STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) qualifications
- 10 points for applicants who do not have a spouse or de facto partner
- 5 Points -for applicants with a spouse or de facto partner who has competent English
Hence, if you have got sponsorship or nomination from regional Australia, and you also meet the criteria of new changes in the point system, i.e.
- Skilled spouse /No Spouse
- STEM qualification
- Partner with Competent English
You can earn up to 40 immigration points (15+10+10+5)without much of an effort.
Want to apply Australia PR this year? Call expert for inclusive assistance
To apply for Australian PR visa in 2019 via most relevant skilled visa category, you may get in touch with certified and vastly experienced Australia migration experts at Visas Avenue immigration. For complete Australia PR process assistance, you may call, Visas Avenue migration experts on Toll-Free Number- 78-18-000-777. Moreover, to get your eligibility checked and subsequently, receive a call from the expert, you may fill the free assessment form.