A Guide to Find Jobs in Canada for Indians in 2022
With many job opportunities, Canada is undoubtedly a blissful destination for skilled workers and professionals. Many foreign skilled workers migrate to Canada with the hope of living a comfortable life with their families. However, one of the key concerns of all aspiring individuals is how to get a job in Canada from India. Let's read further to get answers to all such questions.
How to get a job in Canada from India?
It is relatively easy to find jobs in Canada for Indians once they enter the Express Entry pool. There are two options via which you can find a job in Canada, which include:
- You can create a Job Match account at Job Bank of Canada
- You can promote yourself to Canadian employers using any private sector job boards
How to Find Jobs in Canada for Indians in Express Entry Job Pool?
This is one of the easiest and most dependable ways of starting your job search in Canada. There is a vast employers database in the EE job pool looking for the right applicant for the job vacancies. So you don't only get a chance to conduct a registered job search, but you also get access to a few top-notch Canadian employers. Additionally, suppose you get selected by a federal job pool registered company. In that case, the employer who wishes to hire you will apply for your Canada PR from their end. This can be an added benefit for your immigration profile. What are the documentation requirements to apply for a Job in Canada from India?To apply for jobs in Canada from India, you need the following documents:
- Professional CV
- Cover Letter to support the job application
- Proof of previous employment
- Payslips of previous employment
- Identity proof
- Valid Passport
- Visa or Work Permit
How apply for jobs in Canada from India at a Job Pool?
If your Express Entryprofile is in the pool, then you can create your Job Match account in a few simple steps:
- Go to the sign-in page of Job Match
- Click Create an account button
- Read all the privacy notes and click on I agree button
- Follow the given instructions for creating an account
What are Canadian Online Job Boards? Online job boards have become popular worldwide as they make finding an overseas job easy. Private-sector job boards promote employment opportunities and provide an effective tool for finding jobs. A few of these job boards are free to use, while others charge a small fee. You can research to find one that suits your profile and budget. While applying via these online job portals, you have to keep a few things in mind:
- Always check the background and authenticity of the prospective employers before making a move.
- Mostly used by mid and small-level companies and are suited for low work experience.
- Offer only short term employment for individuals with plans of switching their job.
What are the in-demand jobs in Canada?
As per the Randstad, a multinational employment agency, following are the 15 in-demand jobs in Canada for 2022:
- Key account manager
- Marketing manager
- Registered nurse
- Customer service rep
- Cloud architect
- HR manager
- Mechanical engineer
- IT project manager
- Accounting clerks
How to spot a fake job offer? Job offer fraud is relatively high these days, especially in the immigration industry. As one of India's leading immigration consultancy companies, it's our priority to ensure that we help our clients avoid any mistakes or beware of scams, like a fake job offer, throughout their immigration journey. You may follow the below-listed five step process that will guide you throughout the process of finding a job in Canada:
- Update resume and cover letter: Also known as a curriculum vitae (CV), a resume is an important document. It contains key details like your education, employment history and achievements. Your CV and cover letter are often the first things an employer notices. Thus, you must make a perfect first impression with your resume. Always include all relevant work experience and achievements on personal and professional fronts.
- Emphasis on research: Always spend some time researching the companies where you wish to work. You may visit the websites of those companies and get a fair idea about the work culture and find our latest job openings.
- Use social networking tools: If used correctly, social media can be a powerful tool for developing a network that will help you with your job search.
- Ask for references from previous employers: Strong references always help employers better understand about candidate's employment history and work ethics. It's a valuable resource while job hunting. Thus, you must ask your previous employers to provide references, which will help you easily land a job in Canada.
- Follow-up with the employer: The job market is highly competitive. Thus, you must check in and follow up with the employer to show your enthusiasm for the job. You can follow up after submitting your resume to showcase your interest and give your interview to thank them for the consideration.
What is an average salary of an immigrant in Canada An average salary for a skilled worker living and working in Canada ranges between CAD 54,600 to CAD 105,00yearly. But it may vary based on a person's job type, experience, skills, and the employer.
|Top in-Demand Jobs in Canada||Average median hourly wage|
|Key account manager||$50.00|
|Marketing manager||$ 43.27|
|Registered nurse||$ 40.00|
|Customer service rep||$ 19.00|
|Welders and related machine operators||$ 19.00|
|Cloud architect||$ 41.03|
|HR manager||$ 49.74|
|IT project manager||$ 52.88|
|Mechanical engineer||$ 42.00|
|Accounting clerks||$ 22.56|
What is the process to move to Canada without a job offer? Canada is a country that offers equal opportunity to all aspiring immigrants, whether they have a job offer in hand or not. Canada's most popular and widely accepted Express Entry System, launched in 2015, is one of the key immigration programs via which you can move to Canada without a job offer.
- Determine your eligibility for any one of the Express Entry programs, i.e., Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Federal Skilled Trades (FST) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
- Create an Express Entry profile and submit it in the pool. Your profile will be evaluated and ranked against other candidates
- Receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) from the IRCC through Express Entry draws conducted at regular intervals.
- Submit your final and complete application along with required documents for a permanent residence visa within 60 days of receiving your ITA
- Wait for IRCC's final decision. Around 80% of applications are processed within six months' time.
- Upon visa approval, obtain authorization and activate your Canadian PR status.
You may seek professional guidance at Visas Avenue to apply for a Canada PR visa via Express Entry. You may reach us on Toll-Free No. 78-18-000-777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.