7 Things to Keep in Mind Before You Apply for Canada Tourist Visa in 2022
From glaring glaciers to steep mountains, secluded forests, and serene lakes, Canada is a paradise for nature lovers. The cosmopolitan Canadian cities are also a huge highlight, apart from Canada's picturesque outdoors. They are clean, safe and diverse! Undoubtedly, Canada deserves to be named the world's most livable nation. Whether your interests lie in thrilling river rafting or soothing live theatres, Canada will never dishearten you. If you desire to explore the country's rich history and cultural heritage, you may visit Canada any time around the year. But, before taking a decision, you must understand the Canada tourist visaapplication process associated with travelling to Canada and keep the below-listed points in mind.
- Find out whether you need a visa to travel or not?
Most people visiting Canada as tourists, visiting family or friends require a visitor visa or an eTA, i.e. Electronic Travel Authorization to travel to Canada. While some needs only a valid passport.
- Apply timely for a visitor visa
A Canada visitor visa is a stamp that is pasted on your passport, and Canada tourist visa feesare approximately CAN$100. However, the processing times vary by country, and you may need to give biometrics (fingerprints and photos) to your application. Most travellers require a visitor visa to travel to Canada even while transiting via the Canadian airport on their way to their final destination. You can apply both via online medium or on paper for a visitor visa.
How long can a person stay on a Canada tourist visa?
As a visitor, you can stay for six months in Canada. But, at the entry, you may request the border services officer to allow you to stay for a more extended period by applying for a Canadian visitor record. It is a document that shows the date you will leave the country. Without a visitor record stamp on your passport, you can stay for 6 months from the day you enter Canada or until your passport expires. What are the key requirements to get a visitor visa? To meet the eligibility criteria and apply for a Canada tourist visa from India, you must:
- Have a valid passport or any other travel document
- Be in good physical and mental health and a have clear criminal record so that you won't pose any risk to the nation.
- Convince the immigration officer about your ties in your home country, like, a job, home, family or financial assets that compel you to go back
- Convince the immigration officer that you will leave the country as your visit ends
- Have enough money to support your trip, including your stay in a hotel, or with relatives or friends
- May need to provide an invitation letter from someone who is living in Canada.
- Who is not eligible to travel to Canada?
A few people are inadmissible to Canada and are not allowed to enter the nation. You can be inadmissible for different reasons. You are not allowed to visit Canada, if:
- You are inadmissible for any reasons, like your involvement in any:
- criminal activity
- organized crime
- human rights violations
- You are found to pose any health, financial or security risk to Canada
- What is the Canada tourist visa fees requirement?
To apply for a Canada visitor visa, you have to pay fees along with your visa application and documents. You may refer to the table drawn below for a better understanding:
|Visitor visa single entry or multiple entry (including extensions)- Per Person||100 CAD|
|Visitor visa maximum fee for a family of 5 or more||500 CAD|
|Visitor record (including extensions)||100 CAD|
|Restore your status as a visitor||200 CAD|
- How to apply for a Canada Tourist Visa from India?
You can apply for a Canada tourist visa either offline or online. For applying online, all you need is a scanner or a camera to create and submit copies of all the documents and a valid debit or credit card. Follow a quick step-by-step process:
- Step 1: Gather documents
- Step 2: Complete your application
- Step 3: Pay the required fees
- Step 4: Submit your application
- Step 5: The IRCC will check or review the application in detail to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Step 6: Upon application approval, your original documents, like passport will be returned along with the requested visa
Taking a decision alone can be a daunting task. Suppose you need support with planning and preparation to keep yourself ahead of time. In that case, you may connect with our team of Canadian visa and immigration experts at Visas Avenue- one of India's leading Canadian immigration consultancy firms. You may reach us on Toll-Free No. 78-18-000-777 or drop your queries at email@example.com, and one of our representatives will contact you soon to discuss the best options.