5 Interesting Facts About Australian Immigration 2023
Australia is an immensely beautiful country boasting of its pretty landscapes and is in fact world's sixth-largest country by area. Australia has always been most favorite destination for aspiring migrants and travelers around the globe.
Australia is indeed cosmopolitan to its core with excellent growth prospects combined with best healthcare and education system, the country is nothing less than an immigrant magnet.
In this article, we'll share with you top 5 interesting facts about and key pathways to Australian Immigration!
- Australia has one of the largest populations of immigrant in Western world. There are over 7.5 million migrants who are currently living in Australia. Around 29% of total population is born overseas.
- More people migrate to Australia, than emigrate from there and the number of people migrating to Australia has been constantly increasing with every passing year.
- People that move to Australia come from different countries, but the top migrant sourcing countries to Australia include England, China, and India.
- The median length of residence for immigrants in Australia is 20 years, which means once people move here on general skilled visas, they are more than likely to stay for the long haul!
- A total of 85 per cent of immigrants are living in urban areas. This compares with 64 per cent of those who were born in Australia.
Most popular pathways to Skilled Migration to Australia
The most popular option for skilled migrants to move to Australia is through General Skilled Migration (GSM) program. It is a dedicated pathway to Australia that allows an individual to apply for skilled visa subclass based on the skills, experience, education, age, etc.
Under GSM, following visa subclasses are the most chosen ones:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)- It's a point-tested PR visa designed to welcome migrants with relevant skills to live, work and significantly contribute to Australia.
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) (Sponsorship required)- It's also a point tested, PR visa to Australia. But, to qualify an applicant must have a nomination from an Australian state or territory government agency.
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)- Unlike two subclasses mentioned above, visa subclass 491 is a temporary visa with a validity period of up to 5 years. Also, to qualify, you need a nomination from a regional territory or a sponsorship from a family member living in regional Australia as a PR holder or citizen.
Application process- Skilled Migration
To apply under any one of the three subclasses, you may follow the process mentioned below:
- Select an appropriate visa category
- Register for English language Test
- Get suitable Skills Assessment done by ACS
- Submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) through Skillselect
- Get an Invitation to Apply
- Submit final and complete application along with required Australia PR documents and fees
- Get visa approval
To discover your options to Australia immigration this year, take a free profile assessment, today!